Skip to main content
Contact Us
Tools and Resources

Inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills

The integrated pulp & paper mills in the UK consumed a total of 0.5 million tonnes of material (all softwood) in 2017 this is unchanged from the 2016 total (Table 2.20).

UK roundwood represented 88% of the inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills in 2017, with the remaining 12% coming from sawmill products.

Table 2.20 Inputs for the integrated pulp & paper mills1, 2008-2017

Year UK roundwood2 Sawmill products Total
thousand green tonnes   
2008 515 152 667
2009 511 120 631
2010 428 98 526
2011 453 99 552
2012 461 79 540
2013 465 83 548
2014 465 97 562
2015 435 101 536
2016 423 82 505
2017 442 61 503

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Notes:

1. Excludes inputs of recycled paper and cardboard. All inputs are softwood.

2. UK roundwood derived from stemwood.

    

Figure 2.3 Inputs to integrated pulp and paper mills, 1994-2017

FS2018 Fig 2.3

Source: UK Forest Products Association

Additional resources

Sources chapter: Pulp and paper

Tools & Resources
In this section
Tools & Resources