The Climate Ready Forest Network is a partnership between FC Scotland, Forest Research, ClimateXChange and private sector collaborators, which aims to support the forest sector in Scotland become more resilient to climate change.
The Climate Ready Forest Network supports the sector to adapt by:
- Bringing together practitioners, researchers and policy makers to explore current barriers to climate change adaptation and to work towards achievable solutions.
- Showcasing real-life examples of best practice and innovation through demonstration sites, case studies, workshops and resources.
- Providing a platform for knowledge exchange within the sector, to encourage the sharing of ideas and experiences, and to become a source of inspiration and support.
Our first demonstration site is at Queen Elizabeth Forest Park, which hosted the launch event in October 2013. A summary of the Climate Ready Forestry Workshop is available online, as are presentations from the event
If you would like to share your experiences about adaptation, or are a forest manager or land owner and would like to partner with us to develop case studies of adaptation please get in touch.
- Climate change adaptation in Scotland
- Adapting Scotland's forests for resilience to climate change (videos)