A collaborative initiative between sixteen of Scotland’s leading research and higher education institutions undertaking work on climate change and the transition to a low carbon economy
A project within the EFI Network Fund, developing a FOSS GIS modelling platform for stand growth and risk of wind damage.
Tree stability and wind risk to forests
Management tools, advice and research to reduce and manage wind damage to British forests
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
- Supporting Forest Research’s role in the Scottish Government ClimateXChange project by developing and promoting climate change adaptation in the forestry sector.
- Assisting the development of future-climate-proofed ForestGALES wind-risk model incorporating alternative species (including broadleaves), and alternative silvicultural systems.
- Assessing the resilience of Scottish forests to climatic changes and deliver resilient forests. Supporting the forestry sector to adapt to climate change by promoting knowledge exchange between policy, industry, and research.
- Measuring the effect of forest management on greenhouse gases exchange at Harwood Forest, Northumberland.
Locatelli, T., Tarantola, S., Gardiner, B. and Patenaude, G., 2017. Variance-based sensitivity analysis of a wind risk model - Model behaviour and lessons for forest modelling. Environmental Modelling & Software, 87, pp.84-109. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2016.10.010
Locatelli, T., Gardiner, B., Tarantola, S., Nicoll, B., Bonnefond, J.M., Garrigou, D., Kamimura, K. and Patenaude, G., 2016. Modelling wind risk to Eucalyptus globulus (Labill.) stands. Forest Ecology and Management, 365, pp.159-173. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2015.12.035
Locatelli, T., Binet, T., Kairo, J.G., King, L., Madden, S., Patenaude, G., Upton, C. and Huxham, M., 2014. Turning the tide: how blue carbon and payments for ecosystem services (PES) might help save mangrove forests. Ambio, 43(8), pp.981-995. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13280-014-0530-y