This COST action addresses the challenges related to impacts of climate change on forest ecosystems and summarise the latest evidence for European forests.
- extrapolation of forest models to new environmental conditions while considering model uncertainty
- harmonisation of forest datasets at larger scales for modelling purposes
- contribution of forest processes to predictive uncertainty
- evaluation, comparison, and multi-model assessment of forest models
- communication of uncertainties related to climate change impact modelling to forest managers and policy makers
The following four working packages will address these challenges:
- WP1 – Data integration and assimilation
- WP2 – Uncertainty of process and scaling issues
- WP3 – Model comparisons and multi-model assessments
- WP4 – Climate change impact modelling and implications for forest management
The key expected outputs:
- Reports: deliver reports from international task group meetings, training events, or conferences
- Peer-review papers: publish a range of papers in international journals, such as comprehensive reviews of forest disturbances
- Datasets and models: offer integrated European dataset of forest data and freely available models for research purposes
- International cooperation: work closely with European and overseas researchers on climate change impacts to build a strong network
The COST action runs from 2014 – 2018.
FR staff is actively involved in several task groups focusing on reference datasets, climate change and forest disturbance, uncertainty review, and bridging the gap between stakeholders perspectives.
Funders and partners
EU Cost action