Quality and Environmental standards and accreditations
Our Quality policy and processes
We are dedicated to delivering world-class scientific research which fully meets our customers’ requirements for quality, timeliness and cost. The quality of our science is supported by our Quality Management System (QMS) which ensures that appropriately-trained and qualified personnel use correctly maintained and calibrated equipment and appropriate techniques to produce reliable outputs. Our system of records management enables us to fully demonstrate the quality of our science and to protect the intellectual property rights of our customers.
- We apply the standards required by the Defra Joint Code of Practice for Research.
- We are licenced by the HSE Chemicals Regulation Directorate under Official Recognition for (Pesticide) Efficacy Testing Facilities or Organisations in the UK.
- The Expert Committee on Forest Science provides guidance for the Forestry Commission on the quality and direction of our research.
- We collaborate in networks of excellence and with recognised experts.
- All of our work is covered by appropriate legal agreements with our funders and any subcontractors.
- Our publications and major contract reports are peer-reviewed.
Our Environmental policy and processes
In order to achieve our vision of being recognised as a leading providers of applied forest and tree-related science, forestry data services, policy evidence, technical development, specialist extension services and professional training:
- We comply with all relevant environmental legislation and other obligations.
- We continually seek to reduce our consumption of water, energy and fuel whilst increasing the proportion derived from renewable and alternative sources.
- We continually seek reduce the amount of waste we produce and increase the proportion recycled.
- For more information please see our Full Environmental Policy Statement
For our built estate, we have a formal Environmental Management System (EMS) which is certified to ISO 14001:2015. Our operational activities are managed in accordance with the UK Forestry Standard (UKFS) and the UK Woodland Assurance Standard (UKWAS), to which we are certified by both the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
If you would like further information regarding Forest Research’s quality and environmental management standards, processes and accreditations, please contact Andrew Price.